"A writer?!" Kheng exclaimed to me. She was a no nonsense scientist friend of mine. "You cannot make any scientific breakthrough with that. How can you serve humanity?"
Plenty, Kheng. Plenty.
With my words, I’m going to:
-stop a desperate man from ending his life.
– awaken young minds to pursue their dreams and take a shot at carving their own path to happiness
-allow someone a second chance to love again.
– forgive life long enemies.
– tell people to never give up.
– change their lives forever.
Harriet Beecher Stowe brought the horrors of slavery to the public notice. Karl Marx’s writings brought about radical transformation in countries. Henry David Thoreau inspired Gandhi, Mandela and Martin Luther King Jr. to change the world.
I realized writers hold a powerful and beautiful gift in their hands.
So even if I cannot invent an artificial bone plate –
– save someone’s life by surgery.
– lead millions of people to freedom.
I can damn sure inspire people to do it.