Here’s a sample travel itinerary I made for my Vietnam and Cambodia trip. A- stands for primary or have to see/do, B- so so and C- secondary/can wait. As you can see, it’s pretty loose. To know how to make one, read my post: How To Make an Easy Travel Itinerary.
Pretty excited to go home to the Philippines tomorrow! 🙂 Uncensored faster Internet surfing here I come!
Vietnam- Saigon/Ho Chin Minh
Cu Chi Tunnels USD10
(takes most of the day)
Mui Ne Sand Dunes- Bau Trang – 5 hours travel/1 Day Tour
Le Fenetre Soleil- 2nd flr, corner of Le Thanh Ton and Nam Ky Khoi Nghia (watch out for decrepit staircase)
Benh Thanh Market
Notre Dame Cathedral
Le Thanh Ton
Diamond/Zen Plaza- expensive shopping malls
Vietnam to-do list:
- Exchange money to VND (Vietnamese currency)
- Look for cheap travel agency in backpacker’s District 1.
- Secure bus to Phnom Penh. USD15 – 6 hrs land trip. 4 hour wait for bus to get on Neak Leung Ferry transport across Mekong River
- Watch Water Puppets
- Buy souvenirs.
- AnAn Hotel- July 15-21 7 days
- Vinataxi- VND12,000/15,000 starting rate
- Mr- An’oi, Ms- Je’oi
- Bill please – Chin-chin (make a gesture of scribbling a pad with your hand). The Vietnamese would understand.
Updated: It’s important that you make a detailed plan on your first day though so you won’t waste waste it on idleness. Here’s a sample below:
- Pack for Saigon
- Leave City Backpacker’s Hostel in Singapore via Subway- don’t forget MRT card!
- Go to Green Line Tanah Merah
- Switch to Changi Airport
- Go to Terminal 1 for Jetstar for flight to Saigon
- Arrive in Saigon
- Money Exchange at airport (no commission)
- Buy a Vietnamese Sim card (in this case, Mobi fone) with help from hotel
- Get in touch with Marjorie (my friend who works in HCM City) and Mr Chinh
- Plan get-together- write in calendar
- Look for good travel agent and money exchange center in backpacker’s street
- Book tour to Cu Chi, Mui Ne,- Mr Chinh will take me to Notre Dame and Reunification Palace and other places on B Secondary Places. Write in calendar
- Walk around backpacker’s street and look for Le Fenetre Soleil.
To know what really happened and changes made in the real itinerary you can read this post: The Real Travel Itinerary- What Really Happened.
Other related posts: