- Short stories to date -4.
- Currently working on and off on one short story for four weeks. Guiness here I come!
- Submitted three articles to Ezine. They should tell me in a week whether they’ve accepted them or not.
- Submitted a book review for my college’s newsletter last Sunday and haven’t heard from them since. And they’ve told me last time they’d be more than happy to accept some articles from me. Aaargh…
- Submitted a query to my college’s magazine on the same day and haven’t heard back from them. I ought to call that damned editor.
- Rejections -2. One magazine folded. And I’ve yet to hear from the other one.
- Ideas for short stories: too many to mention.
- Ideas for novels: two notebooks and counting
- Mind Clutter Rate: High
Four out of those nine updates involve lots of impatient foot tapping and thumb sucking as we await in agony for the news knowing it’ll be eons till we can learn to sit like a Zen monk –patiently waiting and freezing our balls off on the Himalayan tops.
This is why I haven’t been able to decide on which area I’d like to focus on –building my blog or continue writing fiction or starting a freelance writing career. I could really use a cloning machine now. My mental RAM is more suited to single tasking. If it is running two or three programs at the same time, it is known to crash. But it makes up for it with its elegant design and fun functions like its access to the superconscious, the PP function (Paranormal Porn) and random fun entries program that give you the latest updates on the Hillary Clinton vs Harry Potter Presidential Election and those who are having multiple orgasms at the moment with real time detection. 😀
Writers don’t have to wait when writing a blog. You get an awesome idea, write it down and in seconds everyone gets to read it. This can all take place in the same day. Instant gratification and the words every writer wants to hear, “You’re published!” Sit back and then immediately bask on your adoring fans as they eat up your words and kowtow to you a million times.
If you’ve decided to take the more ‘distinguished’ path, you don’t get to reap what you sow immediately. It can take place in months in a crawling snail’s pace. You send query after query till the magazine shuts down (like in my experience). You don’t get to see your work up front immediately. Even if you’ve got 40 stories circulating, it would still take a month to two months for them to respond to you and believe me, they take their sweet time. You don’t see any successful block you’ve achieved to boost your self-esteem. It can take literally a year or years for you to see any improvement in your publishing credits and frankly speaking, I hardly relish waiting that long. I’m the type who wants to see the results of my labor NOW.
So I’m still in a daze at the present moment on which area I’d like to focus 80% of my attention on (the other 20% belongs to the day job). This weekend, I’ll strive to get clarity on that.
The foot tapping continues.